Our first World Suicide Prevention Day event was held upstairs at The Rock Inn, Brighton and was attended by about 40 people. Events included:
- A video message from Caroline Lucas.
- A live skype performance by Susan Aglukark, a First Nations artist from Canada, and Friends of Emmett, a rock band supporting suicide prevention.
- A Skype link-up with Canada’s Collateral Damage project, and screening of their photo portraits of suicide survivors.
- The launch of our first video “I Am Alive“.
- Speeches from Tom Scanlon, Director of Public Health Brighton & Hove, Helen Jones of MindOut, and an ASIST participant.
- A talk about the so-called ‘suicide song’, Gloomy Sunday, by Angi Mariani.
- A minute’s silence to remember those we have loved and lost to suicide
Video from this event can be found here: youtube.com/watch?v=l1OX4D9VpS8