Youth MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) Half Day
At a glance
Role: Young peoples’ support provider
Course length: 3 hours
- Understand common mental health issues
- Work more effectively
- Ways to support and relate with young people
- MHFA Manual
- Internationally recognised
Number of trainees: Up to 25
Our half day course is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of young people’s mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- A taste of the contents of the Youth MHFA Two Day course
What to expect
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session you’ll get a certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.