Promises to our supporters
We are proud of our supporters. They make everything our charity achieves possible. We put our supporters at the heart of our work. Here are our promises to you.
Our Promises to you
- Our supporters are essential to our mission, so we’ll seek to directly link them with our work.
- Suicide is an extremely important and personal topic. We will work to understand our supporters’ individual situations, and treat anything they share confidentially and with discretion.
- We will report the differences supporters make with honesty, clarity, precision and promptness.
- We will treat all supporters equally at all times with care, consideration, integrity and respect. There will be no coercion, pressure or undue persuasion and we will immediately accept the donor’s right to say no.
- Whenever possible, we will be available to speak with our supporters and take action appropriately. Our supporters will work with named people they can put a face to and who are easy to contact.
- Our supporters will always be in control of their individual relationships with Grassroots.
Rachael Swann, Grassroots CEO
“On behalf of our team, I want to say a huge thank you to all our supporters. You make our work to help people become ready, willing and able to support someone at risk of suicide, experiencing a mental health problem, or someone who self harms possible.
During this period of unprecedented uncertainty and disruption, we need your support more than ever. It is the vulnerable who are hit the hardest during times of crises, and we need to do all we can to ensure that Grassroots continues to be there for all those people who we support and train”