Find Help Now > More Resources > Other Resources > Suicide Bereavement > Amparo
Support following a suicide
Local resource - only available in the following areas: St. Helens, Knowsley, Wirral, Sefton, Warrington, Halton, Chester, Cheshire East. AND, East & West Suffolk, Ipswich, Barnsley, Rotherham, Blackburn with Darwen, Burnley and Hynburn
AMPARO offers support following a suicide in a range of ways, including:
- One to one individual emotional and practical support
- Help with any media enquiries you may receive
- Practical support when dealing with the Police or Coroner
- Help overcoming feelings of isolation
- Putting you in touch with local services that can help
AMPARO can support anyone affected by a suspected or actual suicide. This can be family members, friends or colleagues.
AMPARO means 'shelter' or 'safe haven' in the Spanish language and offers a discreet and completely confidential service. We can also support communities, schools and workplaces in the event of a suspected or actual suicide.