Grassroots is a Brighton-based award-winning charity and UK leader in suicide prevention. We believe that suicide can be prevented through open and direct conversations. Please see our current positions below.
This is an exciting opportunity for a volunteer who shares our commitment and passion for suicide prevention to aid and support to the smooth running and organisation of the office training systems, processes and data entry.
We’re looking for someone to work one day a week, but we are flexible around this.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collect training feedback, equal opportunity forms and registers
- Input collected data into database
- Maintain confidentiality of all data entered
- Organise and file any returned training materials
- Support the Assistant Charity Officer in putting together material packs for training courses
- Perform other duties as required or appropriate
The benefits to you
- Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
- Opportunity to develop self-confidence and administrative skills
- The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
- Opportunity to attend training in suicide prevention & mental health
- Travel expenses
Skills you need for this role:
- Detail-oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of database programs an asset
- A positive, task focused, can-do attitude
To apply for the position, please provide a cover letter (not exceeding 2 pages) describing why you would be most suitable for the role and what attributes you can offer. Please email your cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Sunday 02 February
If your application is shortlisted, we’ll be in touch to arrange an informal meeting.