Grassroots is a Brighton-based award-winning charity and UK leader in suicide prevention. We believe that suicide can be prevented through open and direct conversations. Please see our current positions below.
Social Media Volunteer
We are looking for a driven Social Media Volunteer to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities. Volunteers should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
You are responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers or users.
This is an opportunity to help us fundraise for our charity. With flexible working, we anticipate this role will require about a half hour a week. Being a volunteer fundraiser can involve:
- Undertaking collections, including distributing collection tins
- Attending and supporting our fundraising events
- Organising your own fundraising events
- Encouraging others to fundraise or volunteer for us
The benefits to you
- Opportunities to meet like-minded people in your community
- Opportunity to develop self-confidence, PR, marketing and fundraising skills
- The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference to real people’s lives
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- Resources, training in suicide prevention & mental health, and ongoing support
Skills you need for this role:
- A warm, friendly and engaging manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Previous fundraising experience would be a bonus
- Commitment to work within fundraising guidelines and policies
- Willingness to learn about Real Talk and Grassroots
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Creative with a strong desire to raise funds
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
To apply for the position, please provide a cover letter (not exceeding 2 pages) describing why you would be most suitable for the role and what attributes you can offer. Please email your cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com.
If your application is shortlisted, we’ll be in touch to arrange an informal meeting.