World Suicide Prevention Day 2012
Skype conversations from WSPD 2012
This is a recording of the portion of the event that was streamed online on 10 September 2012. Chris Brown (Grassroots Suicide Prevention) interviews:
- Roy Henry Vickers (Canadian First Nations artist and community activist)
- Kate Bornstein from the USA (author of 'Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws')
- Sinead O'Connor (Irish singer-songwriter)
Message from the President of IASP (International Association of Suicide Prevention)
Text of Kevin Bett's Keynote Speech
Read "An open letter to my dad" on Kevin Bett's blog. Kevin read out the letter to conclude our World Suicide Prevention Day event.
About our event
You are warmly invited to attend an event to mark World Suicide Prevention Day, and to launch Suicide Safer Brighton, a collaborative campaign to designate Brighton and Hove as a suicide safer community.
The event will take place at 7pm on 10th September 2012 at
The Latest Music Bar
Part of the event will be streamed live online between 8pm and 9pm BST. You can watch it HERE, on this page.
We are honoured to confirm the following guest speakers:
- Sinead O'Connor (Irish singer-songwriter) via Skype
- Kate Bornstein from the USA (author of 'Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws') via Skype
- Roy Henry Vickers (Canadian First Nations artist and community activist) via Skype
- Kevin Betts (Brighton's very own 52 Marathon Man)
The theme of World Suicide Prevention Day this year is Protective Factors and Instilling Hope. You are invited to bring a photo or an object that instills hope in you, to contribute to a photography project.
You can RSVP at our Facebook page. We hope to see you there!